- >New Product: Tuning Fork Liquid Level Switch with Stainless Steel Housing
- >New Product：Vibrating Rod Level Switch With Suspension Cable
- >SIL Certifications with CNCA Authority
- >Export Growth Sharply in the First Half of 2023
- >Hastelloy Tuning Fork Liquid Level Switch Newly Launched
- >Extra-Long Vibrating Rod Level Switches Applied to Precipitates Interface Measurement of Liquids
- >New Ultrasonic Product: Anti-interference Ultrasonic Level Transducer
- >Vibrating Rod Level Switch：Ideal Solution for Level Detection of Viscous Powder
Shenzhen Jiwei Automations Ltd.
Address：5th Floor, Baoli Building, No. 3162 Longgang Avenue, Shenzhen, P. R. China.
Tel：+86 755 28407683
Application of Vibrating Rod Level Switch in PVDF Interface Measurement
Zhejiang Juhua Group is the largest fluorine chemical production enterprise in China. Recently, Jiwei Tube-11 Vibrating Rod Level Switch has been successfully applied in PVDF interface measurement of Zhejiang Juhua Group.
Polyvinylidene fluoride or polyvinylidene difluoride (PVDF) is a highly non-reactive thermoplastic fluoropolymer produced by the polymerization of vinylidene difluoride. It is available in the form of piping products, sheet, tubing, films, plate and an insulator for premium wire. It can be injected, molded or welded and is commonly used in the chemical, semiconductor, medical and defense industries, as well as in lithium-ion batteries. As a high-quality fluorine-containing polymer, it has higher mechanical strength, chemical corrosion resistance, high-thermal resistance, oxidation resistance, weather resistance, ultraviolet resistance, radiation resistance and other excellent comprehensive properties, as well as piezoelectric, thermoelectric and other special electrical properties.
With rapid development, the demand for PVDF has increased significantly. At present, industrial production of PVDF is mainly emulsion polymerization and suspension polymerization, while emulsion polymerization is the most commonly used. There are also liquid polymerization and radiation polymerization, but relatively in few applications.
Problems in PVDF interface measurement
In the whole PVDF manufactural process, it is necessary to wash at least 6 times to get high purity product. Because the density of VDF monomer is close to water, VDF monomer is suspended in deionized water in the form of droplets under combined action of stirring and dispersant. Due to this special working conditions, it is undeniable that it is a difficulty to measure the level with traditional level switch. In most washing process, full time stuff are arranged to monitor the level condition on site. When discharged liquid changes from pure water to containing white VDF monomer, the control room is informed to close the drain valve to prevent the loss of VDF monomer. However, if under low efficiency, the lost VDF cost in high expenditure.
Reliable interface measurement of Jiwei Tube-11 Vibrating Rod Level Switch
In the reference of successful applications of Jiwei Tube-11 Vibrating Rod Level Switch in chemical water system of various power plants, such as tank sediment measurements and liquid sediment measurements, technician of Zhejiang Juhua Group suggests to use Jiwei Tube-11 Vibrating Rod Level Switch. In terms of safety concern, Jiwei engineers carry out a trial test with the on-site materials provided by client. Through the test, although materials are viscous and VDF monomer floats on water, the specially adjusted Tube-11 is not able to switch alarm in water, but when VDF monomer is touched, the alarm signal appears, which fully meets the client’s interface measurement requirements.
Unique advantages of Jiwei Tube-11 Vibrating Rod Level Switch
In Jiwei Tube-11 Vibrating Rod Level Switch,when the resonant frequency of inner and outer vibrating tubes is finely adjusted to the same value, both the reliability and the sensitivity of the vibrating rod level switch are very high.
● First made-in-China Vibrating Rod Level Switch that is designed with double vibrating tubes.
● High sensitivity thanks to the fine adjustment on the resonant vibrating frequency. It is suitable for the majority of granular bulk solids. The medium density can be as low as 0.02g/cm³;
● An industry leading product that can tolerate high process temperature up to 250℃, and ultra-high temperature up to 400℃(Water/air cooling);
● Excellent in the medium interface detection and control;
● Larger redundancy to avoid medium buildup and highly reliable for the medium with higher viscosity and adhesiveness;
● Strong self-diagnostic function makes it possible to accurately locate the fault.
● Easy installation and no calibration necessary;
● With gas/dust Flameproof Enclosure and gas/dust Intrinsic Safety certificates & IP66/IP67 ingress protection;
● Strong anti-corrosion probe thanks to the probe material selection, such as 316L and 318 S13.